Thursday 23 April 2015

OnLongLeave - SelfLearning

        I don't know how to start today. Few days before, I was simply idle not to know what to do and all. Now I have to do a lot of things but I am busy with some important responsibility at home. I find it difficult to spend time for my learning. Self learning is new to me. In my school days, I always wanted to teach to someone so that I can learn. In college days, I asked my friends to explain the concepts and I will go through some important points. Luckily I passed all the exams.

        I was very lazy to read. Rather telling lazy, I could not understand English as much. From my childhood, I did not give importance to spoken English. That's because, my English teacher also taught English subject in their native language. The problem started from there itself and I was not even aware till now. In college, I came to know the importance of communicating in English. I did not like to speak in English but I had to. At the same time, I liked those people who talked in English. I was seeing them and thinking that even their grammar was not correct but how they could speak fluently. I thought that for non-native speaker of English, talking in English was a very formal way to convey our thoughts to others. But if we use our native language to express ourselves, we are very excited to tell everything. My thought was totally wrong. And I have one habit that if I want to know something new, then I have to start from the basics of that. But that is not fair to start something new. It won’t be the correct method all the time.

        Why am I telling all these? I am trying to tell how I have changed my learning style.

        After realising that to compete in this world, I have to talk in English fluently. I have asked many of my friends to talk in English with me and only then, I would get fluency. We started well but at certain stage we got diverted. And time doesn’t wait for anyone. Always, I was depending on someone for everything. I did not try on my own.

        Even if we studied from a famous (or reputed) university, they just give the syllabus for us to study. We have to put effort to study and improve ourselves. Anyone can teach us but we should be aware of what we are taking inside our mind. That is the most important thing. So there is something called self study. We can gather information from everywhere or anybody. It is easy to gather also. Gathering is not important but how we are using it, matters. I was hitting myself and told that you can ask doubt to anyone but no one will come and put efforts on behalf of you. For your mind, you have to feed what it needs. If you are hungry, you have to eat. When you are hungry, no one can eat for your hunger.

Now I am learning four things on my own.
1.     Improving in English fluency and building vocabulary by writing diary, recording my voice about some topic and listening it again and watching some YouTube videos.
2.  Reading Lessons learned in software testing book. I am seeing some technical terms.
3.     Learning Hindi through YouTube videos. Started from simple words and sentences.
4.     Learning Kannada in the same way as Hindi.

        But great lesson I have learned is not to bother about someone told that we don’t know something as really we don’t know. If they are telling like that we have to accept that and we say thank you for them. They are improving us indirectly. If we get angry on them, then we only spoil ourselves. If someone is telling we don’t know something actually we know that, they we have to be calm and let them go away from us.
       
        I am learning myself now. I love learning. But the only thing is I am a slow learner. I am learning to overcome this also.

J Happy learning J

No comments:

Post a Comment